Thursday, June 23, 2011

Taco Meatball Ring



Tragedy struck our house a few weeks ago and it is really cramping my style.  My oven died.  (Sob! Sniffle! Sniffle!)  For the last few weeks, everything I've made has been either on the stove top or in my dutch ovens.  I've never been so glad that I know how to dutch oven cook!  For those who don't know, I spent every day of 2010 cooking in my dutch ovens, so I'm a fairly experienced black pot chef.  You can see that adventure here.  I did cook this in my dutch oven, but I'll give you the normal oven directions.  :)

This is a great twist on everyday tacos.  And if your a meatball connoisseur like me, you'll really love it.  I also love the presentation.  Everything you need is right there on the platter.  No need for bowls of lettuce and other toppings.

Taco Meatball Ring
Serves about 8

2 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
3 Tbs. water
4 Tbs. taco seasoning
1 lb. ground beef
2 tubes refrigerated crescent rolls
Shredded lettuce
Chopped tomato
Sliced green onions
Sliced black olives
Sliced jalapeno peppers
Sour cream and salsa

In a large bowl, combine 1 1/2 cups of cheese, water and taco seasoning.  Crumble beef over mixture and mix well.  Shape into 16 balls

Place the meatballs on a greased rack in a shallow baking pan.  Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 12 minutes or until meat is no longer pink.  Drain the meatballs on paper towels.  Reduce the oven heat to 375°.

Arrange the crescent rolls on a greased pizza pan, forming a ring with the pointed ends facing the outer edge of the pan and the wide ends overlapping.

Place a meatball on each roll.  Fold the point over the meatball and tuck under the wide end of the roll.  The meatball will still be visible.  Repeat with all the meatballs.  Bake for 15-20 minutes or until the rolls are golden brown.

Transfer to a serving platter.  Fill the center of the ring with lettuce, tomato, onions, olives, jalapenos, remaining cheese, sour cream and salsa.  Serve.

Source:  Amy L.

No comments:

Post a Comment

print

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...