Friday, November 5, 2010

Pumpkin Spice Pancakes with Cinnamon Syrup


'Tis the season for pumpkin!  If I had my way I'd eat it all the time.  Especially since I've been making my own pumpkin puree.  Yummy!  A dear friend gave me this recipe.  She said it is a family favorite and I can see why!  Colton, my 16 year old, told me I could make these every day.  I settled for making a whole bunch and freezing them so he can toast them for breakfast every morning.  It worked great and it means I can get an extra half an hour of snooze time.  We think this is the perfect fall breakfast!

Pumpkin Pancakes

1 1/4 cup flour
2 Tbs. brown sugar
1 Tbs. baking powder
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. ginger
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. nutmeg
1/8 tsp. cloves
1 cup buttermilk
1/2 cup pumpkin
2 Tbs. melted butter
1 egg
1 tsp. vanilla

Combing the dry ingredients in a bowl.  In a separate bowl, whisk the wet ingredients and then add to the dry and mix just until blended.  Cook on a hot griddle until golden brown.  Serve with cinnamon cream syrup.

Cinnamon Cream Syrup

1 cup sugar
1/2 cup cornstarch
1/4 cup water
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 cup evaporated milk

In a saucepan, add all ingredients except the milk.  Bring to a boil and cook 3 minutes.  Remove from heat and allow to cool for about 5 minutes.  Add the milk and serve warm over pancakes or waffles.

Source:  Marcene P.

No comments:

Post a Comment

print

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...