Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Fresh Peach Muffins


I know these aren't the prettiest muffins you've ever seen, but I'm awfully proud of them.  My son made these in one of his first attempts at learning to cook.  I'd probably blog these even if they weren't good, but since they were absolutely delicious, I'll definitely blog them!  I found this recipe in a church cookbook. The recipe calls for fresh peaches, and though you can certainly used canned fruit, you'll really be missing out if you do.  The fresh peaches add such a wonderful flavor that I can't imagine using anything else. 

Fresh Peach Muffins
Makes 12 muffins

2 cups flour
2/3 cup sugar
1 Tbs. baking powder
3/4 cup milk
1/4 cup melted butter
1 beaten egg
1 1/2 cups ripe peaches, peeled and chopped
1/2 tsp. each salt and cinnamon
1/4 tsp. nutmeg

Mix the dry ingredients.  Combine the milk, butter, egg and peaches.  Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.  Spoon into a greased muffin pan and bake at 425° for 20-25 minutes.

Source:  A church cookbook

No comments:

Post a Comment

print

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...