Wednesday, November 3, 2010

BBQ Chicken Strips



These chicken strips were a huge hit at our house!  My kids thought they had died and gone to heaven.  I love that I can make crispy chicken without frying.  And believe me, you won't even mind that they aren't fried!  They are so delicious and tender that your family will be begging for more!  Even my 5 year old asked me to make them again tomorrow and she won't eat anything!

BBQ Chicken Strips
Serves 4-6

2-3 lbs boneless, skinless chicken tenders (I used breasts that I cut into strips)
1 cup buttermilk
1/4 cup bbq sauce
2 cups panko bread crumbs
1/4 cup flour
2 tablespoons BBQ Seasoning  (I used McCormick’s)
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon garlic powder

In a bowl, combine the buttermilk and BBQ sauce and whisk until well combined.   In another bowl, combine panko, BBQ seasoning, garlic powder, salt, and flour.  Dip each piece of chicken in the buttermilk mixture then in the panko mix, pressing the crumbs onto the chicken.  Lay on a wire rack that has been coated with cooking spray. Continue with remaining chicken pieces. Set the wire rack on top of a baking sheet to catch any crumbs that fall during cooking.  Spray each chicken piece with cooking spray or olive oil.
Bake at 450° for 10-12 minutes, flip, coat with cooking spray, and bake for another 10-15 minutes. Serve with BBQ sauce or ranch dressing for dipping.

Source:  Amy L.

No comments:

Post a Comment

print

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...