Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Cheesy Bacon Ranch Dip


Since the Superbowl is only a week and a half away, I thought I'd share some ideas for party food.  I love to have an excuse to have friends and family over for some good food, good company and of course a little football thrown in.  I usually try to keep the menu simple and do as much ahead of time as I can.  The menu includes both finger foods and something hearty like my Secret Ingredient Chili (I'll share that recipe soon).  Today we'll start with my favorite dip.

A local grocery store makes a version of this dip that I absolutely love!  But it is super expensive so I never buy it.  I just put my blinders on as I walk through the deli section, but I can still hear it calling my name.  Since I obviously can't live without it, I just had to recreate it.  I happened to find a container that was marked down for quick sale so I snatched it up, took it home and created my own version.  Which for the record is better than the store's.  It would be great to serve on New Year's Eve, Super Bowl Sunday or on Tuesday!  So give it a try!

Cheesy Bacon Ranch Dip
Makes about 1 1/2 cups

1 cup sour cream
1 1/2 Tbs. dry ranch dressing mix
5 slices of bacon, cooked and crumbled
2 green onions with tops, sliced
1/3 cup grated cheddar cheese

In a bowl, mix the sour cream and ranch dressing mix.  Add the remaining ingredients and mix well.  For best results, refrigerate for at least 2 hours or overnight to let the flavors blend.  Serve with crackers or veggies.

Source:  A Mommy's original recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment

print

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...