Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Fiesta Bean Dip


This is one of those dips that everyone has a recipe for.  I've seen and tried several different versions, but I always come back to this one.  It's always a hit and I always come home with an empty dish.  Now I have to confess, I'm not a huge sour cream fan.  I cook with it a lot, but I really don't like when its a dominant flavor in any dish.  I solved that problem by mixing taco seasoning into the sour cream to disguise it a bit. 

I like spicy Mexican food, and this dip is no exception.  You can easily spice it up by using jalapeno refried beans and spicy taco seasoning.  This dip is a Superbowl tradition at our house.

Fiesta Bean Dip
Serves 15-20

2 (15 oz.) cans refried beans
1 1/2 cups sour cream
1 pkg. taco seasoning
1 1/2 cups guacamole
1 1/2 cups salsa
Shredded cheddar or Monterrey jack cheese
Sliced black olives
Diced tomatoes

Spread the refried beans in the bottom of a 9 x 13 in pan.  In a bowl, combine the sour cream and taco seasoning and mix well.  Spread over the beans.  Spread the guacamole over the sour cream and the salsa over the guacamole.  Sprinkle with shredded cheese, olives and tomatoes.  Chill for 2 hours before serving.  Serve with tortilla chips or Frito's.

Source:  A Mommy's original recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment

print

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...