Monday, October 31, 2011

Cream Cheese Chocolate Chip Cookies


Yep!  I went there!  As if chocolate chip cookies (a.k.a CCC's) weren't fattening enough, I added cream cheese to the mix.  And yes, they are rich and decadent.  They are everything a CCC should be. Who know these unassuming little treats would steal my heart and widen my hips so quickly.

I think all of you know by now, that I'm really not much of a baker.  Not that I can't bake, I just think it's tedious.  I don't have the patience to fuss and decorate.  But these CCC's are so good that I made them twice in 3 days.  A new record for the person who might make cookies twice in one year.  My poor children are CCC deprived.

I only have one complaint about this recipe.  It doesn't make nearly enough!  30 cookies just won't do it when it comes to these, so plan on doubling the batch.  You can thank me later!

I found this recipe through Pinterest.  My new favorite way to waste time!

Cream Cheese Chocolate Chip Cookies
Makes about 30 cookies
  
4 oz cream cheese, softened
3/4 cup unsalted butter, melted and cooled
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
2 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
2 cups plus 3 tbsp all purpose flour
1 1/2 cups semi sweet chocolate chips

Preheat the oven to 325° and line baking sheets with parchment.

Cream together the butter, cream cheese and sugars until light and fluffy.  Add the Vanilla.

Sift together dry ingredients and then add them to the butter mixture.  Beat until well combined.  Stir in chocolate chips.

Place a large scoop (about 2 tbsp) on the prepared cookie sheet and flatten slightly with your hand.  Bake 12-14 minutes (mine took about 16 minutes) or until edges are looking light golden brown.

Cool for 5 minutes on cookie sheets before moving to wire racks to cool completely.

Source:  Betcha Can't Eat Just One

1 comment:

  1. LOVED MAKING YOUR COOKIES FOR SRC THIS MONTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

print

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...