Thursday, October 13, 2011

Snicker Doodle Bars


I have a confession to make.  I hate baking cookies.  A lot.  Its just so tedious.  Nine cookie sheets and 2 hours later and I'm finally finished.  To labor intensive for a lazy gal like me.  (Lets forget the fact that at some point I'll leave the kitchen and forget I have cookies in the oven and then serve my family charcoal briquettes.)

The solution to my laziness comes in the form of cookie bars.  One pan and you're done.  They are just as tasty and their individual cousins and a whole lot easier to make.  Especially in the case of these Snicker Doodle Bars.  No rolling into balls and rolling in sugar.  These are so fast and easy its almost ridiculous!

Snicker Doodle Bars
Makes about 24 bars

2 1/3 cups flour
1 1/4 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
3/4 cup softened butter
1 1/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
3 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
Topping:

1 Tbs. sugar
1 Tbs. cinnamon

In a mixing bowl, cream the butter and sugars.  Add the eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition.  Add the vanilla.  Mix in the dry ingredients until well blended.
Spread half of the batter in a greased 9 x 13 baking pan.  Mix the topping ingredients together and sprinkle over the batter.  

Drop remaining batter by tablespoons full over the cinnamon sugar.  Don't worry about trying to cover all the cinnamon/sugar, it will spread as it bakes.
Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a tooth pick inserted near the middle comes out clean.  Cool completely and serve.

Source:  My friend Kimmy

No comments:

Post a Comment

print

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...