Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Crockpot Teriyaki Chicken


With how hectic our lives have been the last few weeks, I've been relying on my crock pot for just about everything.  I can't even begin to tell you how much I love and appreciate my crock pot.  I would love to kiss the person who invented it!  There is nothing like being able to put dinner together in the morning (or at lunch) and have it ready to eat when I get home in the evening.

This was a really great recipe. It was something I'd never considered making in the crock pot before.  And it turned out great.  I'll be honest though, I had to steal the picture from the original blog because my family started digging in before I could even think of taking a picture.  It smelled great and  it tasted great. 

Teriyaki Chicken in the Crock Pot
Serves 8-10

6-8 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 3 pounds)
3/4 C sugar
3/4 C soy sauce
6 Tbsp cider vinegar
3/4 tsp ground ginger
3/4 tsp minced garlic
1/4 tsp pepper
4 1/2 tsp cornstarch
4 1/2 tsp cold water

Place chicken in a 6 qt. crock pot. In a large bowl, combine the sugar, soy sauce, cider vinegar, ginger, garlic and pepper. Whisk until sugar is dissolved.  Pour over chicken. Cover and cook on low for 4 to 5 hours or until chicken is tender. Remove chicken to a serving platter; keep warm. Skim fat from cooking liquid or put it through a mesh strainer. Place liquid in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Combine cornstarch and water until smooth. Gradually stir into liquid and stir until sauce is thickened. Serve with chicken and rice.

Source: Photo and recipe Lake Lure Cottage Kitchen

No comments:

Post a Comment

print

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...