Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Frozen Strawberry Delight

I let this one sit out on the counter for a few minutes to soften just a bit.  It was warmer than I thought and it started to melt!  Still yummy though!

 Is there anything better than fresh strawberry ice cream?  I'm here to tell you that yes, yes there is someting better than strawberry ice cream, and it's this dessert.  It is so creamy and sweet with just a hint of tartness from the berries.  It is really light and refreshing.  

This is such an easy dessert to make.  I had a double batch put together and in the freezer in about 10 minutes.  I can't wait to eat this on a hot July day.  My little kiddos went nuts over this.  My 4 year old, Boey, was stealing it off other peoples plates when they weren't looking.  She thinks she's just hilarious!  This is going to be a summertime staple around here!


Frozen Strawberry Delight
Serves about 12 

4 cups Fresh Strawberries, Divided  
2 medium bananas, sliced
1 can (14 Oz. Size) Sweetened Condensed Milk  
¼ cups Fresh Lemon Juice  
1 tub (8 Oz. Size) Cool Whip Whipped Topping, Thawed, Divided  
12 whole Oreo Cookies Finely Chopped Or Crushed

Line an 9 x 5-inch loaf pan with foil and set aside. (Or you can use an 8×8 or 9×9 pan.)
Mash or thinly slice half of the fresh strawberries. Combine the strawberries, bananas, sweetened condensed milk, lemon juice and 2 cups of Cool Whip in a large bowl. Stir the mixture well and pour into the prepared loaf pan.
Top the strawberry mixture with the crushed cookies and press into the strawberry mixture. Cover the loaf pan with foil and freeze for 6 hours or overnight.
To serve, remove from the loaf pan, discard the foil and place the dessert, cookie crust side down, on a platter.
Top the dessert with the remaining whipped topping and sliced strawberries. Slice the loaf into 12 servings and enjoy! (Or, if using the 8×8 or 9×9 pan, cut into either 9 squares or 16 squares.)

1 comment:

  1. Oh my foodness, what an amazing looking treat and so easy too. I think I'll make this for the 4th and add some blueberries to it. BTW, I like the meltiness of your picture, makes me want to dig in!

    ReplyDelete

print

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...