Sunday, May 6, 2012

Strawberry Palooza!


I don't know about you, but I love strawberry season.  Like asparagus, strawberries signal the start of spring.  The beginning of warm weather, fresh fruits and veggies and family fun.  It's my favorite time of the year.




This year, I thought I'd completely missed out on buying strawberries.  But lucky for me, the harvest ended up being a month late.  In a normal year in my area they come on the end of March.  The grocery stores will have stacks of strawberry cases for several weeks, and every one's status update on Facebook is sharing where they found them on sale.  Not so this year, and I was bummed thinking I'd missed it.  So you can imagine how happy (thrilled, elated, excited) I was to find them in the stores this week.  And not only did I find them, I found them for $3.99 a case.  Yep!  That's $3.99 for 8 pounds of strawberries!  Needless to say, I bought 12 cases and they have consumed my life this week.



I've spent hours washing and hulling and jamming and freezing and looking for new ways to use those little crimson beauties.  I've also eaten more than my share of them.  One night I ate an entire pound of them.  Needless to say, I was up all night sicker than a dog.  I'll spare you the details!




But since I've had so many berries to use, I've found some new and delicious ways to eat them.  So this week, I'll be sharing them with you!  I've titled this week's posts Strawberry PaloozaDedicated to all things strawberry!  I hope you love the recipes as much as we have.










No comments:

Post a Comment

print

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...