Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Marinated Cucumbers


Have you ever had one of those times in life where your family lives off frozen pizza and grilled cheese sandwiches for weeks at a time?  I know I can't be the only one.  I'm just grateful that frozen burritos never killed anyone, at least in the long run.

You see, my mother in law finally bought a house, so we've been helping her move.  There's something I never want to do.  Moving is such a nightmare.  Thank goodness the worst is over and we've been able to get back to a partly normal life.  We also made it through with no hernias, which is nothing short of a miracle considering how much her furniture weighs.

With summer finally making an appearance, we've really been craving fresh food.  It's to early to have produce from my garden (which I've managed to put in the past few weeks) so thank goodness for the produce section at the grocery store.  We can eat fresh year round.

These delicious little marinated cukes make a great side dish or a refreshing snack.  I love them so much I've started keeping them in a container in the fridge.  Even my kiddos have been snacking on them.  They are tangy and sweet at the same time and the dill adds just a hint of pickle flavor.  They are delish!

Marinated Cucumbers
Serves about 6

4 medium cucumbers
1/3 cup sugar
1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
1 tsp. salt
dash of pepper
1 tsp. dill weed

Mix everything except the cucumbers in a gallon size zip top bag.  Add the cukes and marinate in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour.  Remove from the bag with a slotted spoon and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment

print

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...