Thursday, September 23, 2010

Baked Cinnamon Chips

My friend asked me why in the world I'd start another food blog when I already have one that I post on everyday.  There are 2 answers to that question.  First, in January I'll only be posting on my dutch oven blog once or twice a week.  The second answer requires a picture.


This is the contents of what I call my recipe drawer.  It is a 6" high, colossal, unorganized mess!  As I sit here thinking, I have another stack in one of my kitchen cupboards that is almost as big.  And that doesn't include the 100+ pages of recipes I have on CD or the dozens of files I have saved on my computer.  I've never even tried most of these recipes!   See why I need another food blog.  I really need a way to organize all of this.  Whew!  That's going to be a big job.

But for today, I'll share one of my kids favorite treats.  I've been making these forever and my kids love them.  They make great after school snacks and are yummy additions to school lunches.  During the summer I make a fruit salsa to dip them in or a Strawberry Marshmallow Fluff dip.  This is also a great way to get your kids involved in the kitchen.  My 5 year old daughter, Brylie, helped make these.  She doesn't normally have a beard, but it happened to be Pirate Day in kindergarten and she didn't want to wash it off.  She is so funny!










Baked Cinnamon Chips

Flour tortillas (I like the 6" tortillas, but any size will work)
Melted butter
Cinnamon sugar mix

With a pastry brush, spread melted butter on one side of each tortilla.  Sprinkle with cinnamon sugar mixture.  Be generous with both the butter and the cinnamon, this is one case where more is better!  Cut into wedges or strips and transfer to a baking sheet.  Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes.  The tortillas should be crispy and curl on the edges, but not browned.  Cool on a wire rack.

Marshmallow Fluff Dip

Strawberry flavored cream cheese
Marshmallow cream

Mix until it is uniform in texture and color and serve with these chips or fresh fruit.

Source:  A recipe I've been making my kids for 15 years.

No comments:

Post a Comment

print

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...