Wednesday, September 22, 2010

No Fuss Chicken


Tuesday nights are crazy around here!  My kids have soccer games and boy scouts and any of a dozen different things going on.  I can almost be guaranteed that I'm not going to be home to cook on Tuesday nights.  Enter slow cooker.  Normally, I complain about slow things--traffic jams, Internet connections--but not my slow cooker.  It can take its own sweet time making my meals delicious!  This chicken recipe is one of my family's favorites.  The herbs give it perfect flavor and the chicken comes out moist, tender and delicious!

No Fuss Chicken
Serves 4

2/3 cup flour
1 tsp. rubbed sage
1 tsp. basil
1 tsp. season salt
6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
1/4 cup butter
2 cups chicken broth
In a bowl, combine flour, sage,basil and seasoned salt; coat chicken. Reserve remaining flour mixture. In a skillet, melt the butter and brown the chicken on all sides.  When chicken is browned, transfer to a lightly greased slow cooker.  Add 1/4 cup of reserved flour mixture to the skillet and stir until smooth. Stir in the chicken broth and bring to a boil; boil for 1 minute. Pour the sauce over the chicken. Cover and cook on low for 4 hours or on high for 2-2 1/2 hours. 

Source:  A family recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment

print

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...