Thursday, March 31, 2011

Fantasy Bars


These bars have become one of my kiddos favorite treats.  I make them at least every other week.  They are so chewy and chocolaty and delicious.  They are also easy.  I can have them put together in less than 10 minutes.  I send these to the neighbors, in kids lunches, and to work with  my hubby.  They also freeze well.  When I need to hide a treat from myself I freeze it.  I'm much to impatient to wait for it to thaw, but I won't eat it frozen, so it gives my hips and thighs a break!  :)  Best of all, I'll bet you have everything you need to make these little beauties in your cupboards right now.  So get hoppin'!  You can thank me later. 

**You can also make some fun variations of this recipe.  For the holidays you could use chocolate cake mix and red or green colored melting chocolate.  Valentine's Day could be strawberry cake mix and white chocolate chips, with chocolate cake and orange chocolate for Halloween.  Have fun with it!

Fantasy Bars
Makes 12-15 bars

1 yellow cake mix
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 egg
1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips 
1 can sweetened condensed milk
1 tsp. vanilla

Combine the dry cake mix, oil and egg in a bowl.  Set aside one cup and press the rest in the bottom of a greased 9 x 13 pan.  In a microwave or double boiler melt the chocolate chips, sweetened condensed milk and vanilla together.  Pour over the cake layer, then crumble the remaining cake mixture over the chocolate.  Bake at 350° for 18-20 minutes.  Cool completely and cut into squares.

Source:  Goshen Elementary 100 year anniversary cook book

No comments:

Post a Comment

print

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...