Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Gooey Cheesy Ham Sandwiches with Onion Butter



This has become one of my favorite quick meals.  It is so gooey and cheesy and full of flavor.  The onion butter just puts it over the top.  I had to make extra to use on other sandwiches.  I don't know if I'll ever need mayo again.  :) 

I think I'll make these for our next family get together and these will be on the Superbowl menu for sure!  Because they are so easy, I've starting keeping the fixin's in the fridge so I can have them any time the craving strikes!

Gooey Cheesy Ham Sandwiches with Onion Butter
Serves 8

Sandwich:

8 wholeSandwich Rolls (or 16 Dinner Rolls)
1/2 poundsHam, Any (sliced Thin Or Chopped)
1/2 poundsCheese, Any Variety That Melts Well (I used cheddar and Monterrey jack)

Onion Butter:

8 Tablespoons salted butter
1/2 cup finely minced onion
3 Tablespoons prepared mustard (I used Dijon)
1 teaspoon poppy seeds
1 teaspoon freshly squeezed lemon juice

To make the onion butter, combine ingredients in a small sauce pan and heat gently just until the butter is melted and all the ingredients are well combined. Cool to a spreadable consistency.

To prepare sandwiches, place roll bottoms, cut side up on a sheet pan. Spread some onion butter evenly onto each of the halves (use about half of the onion butter for this step), top with 1/2 the cheese, next add all the ham, now add remaining cheese, and end with the rest of the onion butter. Top with the roll tops, cover pan with foil, and heat in a 300F oven for 10-15 minutes until the sandwiches are heated through and the cheese melts.

Sandwiches can be assembled up to 2 days in advance, but store them in an airtight container to control the smell of raw onions in your fridge.

Source:  Photo and Recipe from Tasty Kitchen

No comments:

Post a Comment

print

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...