Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Super Duper Hot Chocolate


I know that looks like any hot chocolate in the world, and I'm afraid every picture I post this week will look the same.  But there aren't many ways to make hot chocolate look different especially when someone (read: me) ate all the mini marshmallows.  But trust me when I tell you that this is some super sweet and chocolaty hot cocoa.  The first time I made it I got a toothache because it was so sweet.  So after a little tweaking here and there I came up with a wonderfully sweet, chocolaty treat.  Add a scoop of vanilla bean ice cream and this would be over the top good!

Super Duper Hot Chocolate
Serves 5-6

1 (14 oz.) can sweetened condensed milk
1 1/2 tsp. vanilla
1/2 cup cocoa powder
6 cups milk

In a saucepan, stir together the sweetened condensed milk, salt and cocoa powder.  Slowly whisk in the milk.  Heat through on medium low heat until warm.  Top with marshmallows, whipped cream or ice cream.

Source:  Adapted from Patty B.

No comments:

Post a Comment

print

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...